At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, join us!
SAN & Storage System Administrator
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities :
As SAN & Storage System Administrator you are going to part of team to maintain and enhance the SAN environment for major Banking Industry client.
1. Storage Administration - configuration and management of SAN disks for the client.
2. Storage Monitoring, Reporting, and Analysis - support delivery teams to perform and drive root cause analysis to completion.
3. Suggest, influence and implement improvements in the environment (such as issue optimization, automation, streamlining process, etc.), thereby contribute to improvement of overall operations delivery and client satisfaction.
4. Analyzing impact of SAN systems and components for the technical infrastructure.
5. Document and train operations staff to run and maintain storage infrastructure.
6. Work is on Central shift requiring participation in on-call rotation.
- At least three years of experience in the administration of SAN systems.
- Strong understanding of Storage Area Network principles.
- Comprehensive understanding of the IT processes and best practices related to SAN technology
- Knowledge of zoning and troubleshooting in large switched fabric environment (Brocade).
- Excellent analytical skills and resolution capabilities.
- Fast and independent learning capabilities with good interpersonal skills who is well organized, self-motivated, and has strong project engagement.
- Preferably experience with IBM SAN storage (DS, V7000's, FlashSystems), IBM Storage virtualization (SVC)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise :
Knowledge/Experience of VMWARE Product Suite
Knowledge/Experience of Unix Systems
Very good communication skills – verbal and written
• Work in a multi-cultural environment of a leading IT and business consulting company
• Motivating working conditions
• Flexibility and autonomy to innovate and shape work
• Competitive financial package
• Personal and career development
• Daily use of English
• 5 weeks holidays
• Health Care Provider on top of state health care
• Flexi Pass vouchers
• Extended sick pay
• IBM Stock Purchase Plan
• Special Discount Offerings & Services from external companies and providers
Information about the vacancy
Technická 2995/21, 616 00 Brno-Královo Pole, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Notebook, holidays 5 weeks, corporate events, corporate/personal coach
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
IBM Česká republika, spol. s r.o.
ContactIBM Česká republika, spol. s r.o.
Jaime Benson Diogo