At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, join us!
Mainframe Production Control Specialist
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Role and Responsibilities
As a member of this team you will be responsible for creating new streams, what means modification of TWS database, changing existing streams, event driven workload automation, special resources and operator instructions. You will be also responsible for creation and maintaining new and existing JCL, and other program-cards (pre-run, post-run, print cards). You will be also responsible for solution of repetitive problems and for defect prevention. You will have to work with file transfers also – setup and maintenance of FTP, SFTP, SCP and NFTP transfers between IBM systems and also between IBM and customer systems.
Daily work includes also complex failure analysis, job restarts and other auxiliary actions like datasets handling - creation, copy, move, delete of various types of datasets. You will have to work with common DB2 problems like contentions, SQL codes, DB2 utility abends etc Another task will be support of system operations team in daily workload and also on long-term basis. You will be responsible for creation of documentation, escalation paths and error handling instructions. Moreover you will participate on change/incident management, implementation of new solutions, tasks automation and supporting customer on production releases which includes the implementation of new programs and release management.
• Optimization (TWS)
• Create/maintain definitions for alerting/ automation
• Communication/ adjustment/ coordination with customer
• Support 3rd level functions
• Support for disaster recovery (end-to-end-tests)
• Cover on duty if requested by customer or baseline
• Monitoring of applications/ products regarding interfaces/ other applications/ products
• Quality and security requests
• Support Deployment Management for all products attended in the WB regarding Requests for Service preparation and execution.
Do you have experience in different area of Mainframe (Storage, System programming, Security, Databases etc.)? If yes, apply anyway with your updated CV in English. We are looking for IT Specialist in any of these areas.
• 5 weeks holidays
• Health Care Provider on top of state health care
• Flexi Pass vouchers
• Extended sick pay
• IBM Stock Purchase Plan
• Special Discount Offerings & Services from external companies and providers
• Development in a unique technical environment (z/OS with TWS)
• Challenging workload
• Possibilities for further professional growth, learning and self-development
• Opportunity to participate in future workload transfers and to work in one of Europe's emerging markets
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in one of Europe's emerging markets (Czech Republic),
- The successful candidate will work in a motivating multicultural environment gain for exposure to many areas of the business across the IBM Brno Site,
- Employees can avail of the E-learning self-study facility, free language classes & the IT Lab.
- Possibility to learn and grow in all other areas like soft skills, leadership, project leadership
- Obtaining training certificates (e.g. Windows, Unix, ITIL, TWS)
- Relocation assistance
- Medical Plan by co-funded by IBM,
- Additional 5 days of paid vacation
- Transparent career path and potential to growth within leading company in IT
- Pension and life insurance
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Referral Program
Information about the vacancy
Technická 2995/21, 616 00 Brno-Královo Pole, Czech Republic
Duration of employment
Notebook, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
IBM Client Innovation Centre Czech Republic, s.r.o.
The vacancy is suitable for graduates.
ContactIBM Client Innovation Centre Czech Republic, s.r.o.