At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let's talk.
Cloud and Application Architect
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud. You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge.
• Analyse client’s application portfolio and suggest improvements.
• Gather client’s requirements and design solutions.
• Consult cloud topics like adoption plans, application micro services design or
• Be part of whole software development lifecycle alongside architects, analysts, developers, testers and project managers to deliver solutions focused on Cloud native and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI).
• Advise clients on cloud strategy, building and moving to cloud and cloud management.
• Work with both, sales and delivery teams.
• Strong experience with architecture and design.
• Architecture or development experience with:
- at least one cloud provider (IBM Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Cloud native solutions based on Kubernetes, Docker or Cloud Foundry
- DevOps and CI/CD.
• 5+ years of experience in application/integration architecture or development (also in leading role) in Java EE and related technologies.
• Knowledge of software delivery tools and methodologies (e.g. RUP, UML, ArchiMate).
• Very good communication skills.
- Some IBM middleware products (Integration Bus, MQ, BPM, WAS, API Connect, DataPower, ODM), RedHat products (REL, JBoss, OpenShift, Fuse, AMQ, etc.) or ELK stack (Beats, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana).
- Security tools and pattern (OAuth, TLS, SAML, SSO, JWT, etc.)
• Deep experience in one or more of specific industries (finance, government, manufacturing, telco, etc.).
• Work in a multi-cultural environment of a leading IT and business consulting company
• Motivating working conditions
• Flexibility and autonomy to innovate and shape work
• Competitive financial package
• Personal and career development
• Daily use of English
• 5 weeks holidays
• Health Care Provider on top of state health care
• Flexi Pass vouchers
• Extended sick pay
• IBM Stock Purchase Plan
• Special Discount Offerings & Services from external companies and providers
Information about the vacancy
V parku 2294/4, 148 00 Praha-Chodov, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Discount on company products / services, notebook, flexible start/end of working hours, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, sick days, individual schedules of working hours, opportunity to work up hours, self-organization of the job
Czech (proficient), English (proficient)
IBM Česká republika, spol. s r.o.
ContactIBM Česká republika, spol. s r.o.