IBM Client Innovation Centre in Brno is employing IT professionals across all specializations. Rapidly growing company represents now a “Centre of Excellence” in key areas of the global technology industry. Only few other places can offer so many opportunities to gain experience in Information Technology like IBM. Stimulated and motivated environment is naturally pushing all people for continual growth and can provide the perfect setting for any professional career - with freedom to enjoy a rich personal life.
Mainframe - Computer Operator 1st level support
Our Job description:
IBM is one of the biggest IT companies in the world operating over 170 countries. We are the leaders in Cloud technologies, Artificial intelligence, Blockchain and Quantum computing but our core business was, is and always will be Mainframe. Have you ever wondered how it's possible to pay by credit card, buy flight tickets or book hotel rooms online?
Mainframe is processing millions of transactions every second and making all these things possible. Mainframe is using 96 of 100 top world's banks, 23 of the top US retailers and 9 of 10 insurance companies. These are not just numbers, these are our clients.
What will you do:
You will be the first one to see what is happening on the system and to spot any unusual activities, treat them or even enhance the system. Therefore, we are monitoring our clients 24/7 ( 3 shifts - 8 hours each).
Based on your quick reactions our customers don't even know that something wrong is happening.
To be able to spot it we are using consoles and automated solutions. Based on events you will use your technical knowledge as well as our excessive knowledge base to solve these problems/requests. To do it, you would use IBM programming language called JCL or multiple IBM products. If you are getting scared, don't be you will have team of helpful people around you which are more then willing to teach what they know. In case even them wouldn't be able to help there is second level teams on call, who would offer more complex solution.
What are we looking for:
- You are willing to learn new things and you have the courage to face the impossible and turn it into possible
- Ability to work on 3 shift model which also include nights shifts
- You are able to communicate on professional level of English (B2/C1 level)
- You are able to adapt to dynamic working environment, set your priorities and manage your time and work efficiently
- Ability to cooperate with diversified colleagues, work in a team and share or learn knowledge
- You are able to analyze problems and solve simple or medium complex tasks
What do we offer:
We are a young team of motivated individuals, who love pushing their limits and moving the company forward every day. Our environment allows us to be informal, have fun in the office and we truly don’t care what you wear.
- Opportunity to work in one of the biggest companies in the world in multinational environment
- Possibility of professional growth in many directions in relatively brief time period
- Possibility of using our entire knowledge base and educational programs to receive certificates.
- 5 additional days of vacation
- Bonuses for nights, weekends and holidays which are above exceeding standard overtime bonuses
- Possibility to get multisport card or to get discounted employee mobile tariff in Vodafone
- Exciting team buildings and parties
Mainframe is pillar of IBM, so if you want be part of it and have what it takes, join us!
Information about the vacancy
Technická 2995/21, 616 00 Brno-Královo Pole, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
IBM Global Services Delivery Center Czech Republic, s.r.o.
ContactIBM Global Services Delivery Center Czech Republic, s.r.o.