At IBM, progress is our passion. We're dedicated to helping the world work better. Interested in getting involved? You can - join our team. Make your future with IBM!
Malware Defense Specialist
The main responsibility of the Malware Defense Specialist is maintaining Antivirus infrastructure for IBM’s customers.
This includes insuring the Compliance and Currency of the software version, Monitoring and Analyzing alerts and acting as single point of contact in case of Malware outbreaks. On this position you will work closely with System Administrators, Network Administrators, Desktop Support, and Help Desk to ensure policies are being followed and appropriate steps are taken to protect the customer’s infrastructure.
As a Malware Defense Specialist you will respond to audit requests relating to the currency of the customer’s infrastructure and take remediation steps to close any gaps in antivirus coverage and provide guidance and serve as escalation point to authorized customer security contacts for remediation of malware issues found on supported endpoints. You will as well assist customer with interpretation/assessment of any vendor analysis of samples and remediation instructions as applicable and you will provide instructions on how to repair AV product on endpoints. For Next-Gen antivirus solutions you will triage and analyze possible impact and act in collaboration with range of teams.
Among your responsibilities will be providing 3rd level software support to the support groups and the customer to assist in resolving any nonstandard antivirus issue. You will work closely with the antivirus vendors to resolve outstanding issues and you will provide virus samples to the antivirus vendors for analysis and respond appropriately to the findings.
What we expect:
- Experience in managing & troubleshooting enterprise level Legacy AV products (McAfee - ePO, ENS; Symantec - SEPM, TrendMicro Deep Security)
- Orientation on the customer
- Broad technical understanding (multiple platforms have to be covered, received information require technical understanding to be interpreted)
- Overview of security principles
- Understanding of standard IT Security and ITIL processes
- Ability to work with large amount of data
- Ability to be on a weekly on-call rotation, providing 24/7 coverage
- Fluent English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Next-Gen AV (CarbonBlack; Crowdstrike)
- Agile thinking
- Broad education and development opportunities starting from soft skills, classroom trainings, workshops, mentors, Safari books & access to technical self-paced training's with various partners
- Position oriented training and/or professional certifications (Symantec, TrendMicro, McAfee, CarbonBlack, Crowdstrike, CISSP/CISSM)
- Additional 5 days paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Various benefits/discounts/offerings for sports, massages, financial services and others
Information about the vacancy
Technická 2995/21, 616 00 Brno-Královo Pole, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Cell phone, above-standard medical care, discount on company products / services, notebook, flexible start/end of working hours, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate Events, individual schedules of working hours, A longer unpaid leave
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
IBM GS Delivery Center Czech Republic, s.r.o.
ContactIBM GS Delivery Center Czech Republic, s.r.o.
616 00 Brno-Královo Pole